Word Problems Strategies
One of the new common core requirements is a focus on real world problems. Student’s ability to solve word problems will demonstrate mastery.
In Math Summer Camp for Algebra 1, students will:
- Learn Word problems skills.
- Decode the Language of math
- Use charts to solve problems
- Develop Word problem strategies for:
- Cost, income and value problems
- Integer problems
- Rate distance time problems
- Mixture problems
- Learn Algebra skills required to solve problems
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication of integers
- Order of operations
- Solving equations
- Transforming formulas
Student Will Take Away:
- Executive functioning awareness regarding planning and organization utilizing the mantra, “If you don’t plan for it, it will not happen.”
- Practice using current brain science to maximize learning process using timed learning intervals and practice
- Memory model for short term, working memory and long term memory that supports learning model and executive functioning
- Flash cards for key definitions, math properties that will be used to during the school year to master concepts
Math Summer Camp for Algebra 1:
- Small group instruction spread out over 4 weeks.
- Limit of 3 students to a group.
- Each session is an hour and 20 minutes.
- Four sessions per week or more than 21 hours of instruction during the program.
- Students get hands on experience and one-on-one support during each session.
- Program uses David Berg’s Making Math Real learning strategies
- All lessons are captured on SmartBoard and are available to students and parents for reference
Sign up and make a reservation now by calling 925-683-7677 or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- Classes starts on July 7th and go through July 31st.
- Class is from 8am to 9:20am.
- Classes are at offices of Diablo Valley Learning Center:
2910 Camino Diablo, Suite 115
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Instruction offered by:
- Professional Educational Therapist – Professional Member of Association of Educational Therapists
- California Math Credentialed School Teacher
- Cost is $1,250 per student for the 4 week program
- $300 dollar deposit with payment in full by July 1st
- Call or email for a reservation:
Call 925-683-7677 or fill out the form below for a reservation in the Algebra 1 Summer Math Camp Program.