Common Core Curriculum and “Proofy” Thinking
Proofs, many times, are compromised in Geometry because they are so difficult for students. In the past, teachers tended to minimize the proof because so many students struggled with the concept. With common core curriculum, successful geometry students will need to master the geometry proof.
In Math Summer Camp for Geometry, Students Will:
- Learn deductive reasoning
- Basics of points, lines, planes and angles
- Parallel lines and planes
- Congruent triangles
- Proofs involving parallel lines, angles, and congruent triangles
- Skill and confidence to apply deductive reasoning to other math concepts
Student Will Take Away:
- Executive functioning awareness regarding planning and organization utilizing the mantra, “If you don’t plan for it, it will not happen.”
- Practice using current brain science to maximize learning process using timed learning intervals and practice
- Memory model for short term, working memory and long term memory that supports learning model and executive functioning
- Flash cards for key definitions, theorems and postulates that will be used to during the school year to master concepts
Summer Math Camp for Geometry:
- Small group instruction spread out over 4 weeks.
- Limit of 3 students to a group.
- Each session is an hour and 20 minutes.
- Four sessions per week or more than 21 hours of instruction during the program.
- Students get hands on experience and one-on-one support during each session.
- All lessons are captured on SmartBoard and are available to students and parents for reference
Sign up and make a reservation now by calling 925-683-7677 or filling out the sign up form at the bottom of the page.
- Classes start on July 7th and go through July 31st.
- Class is from 9:30am to 11:00am.
- Classes are at offices of Diablo Valley Learning Center:
2910 Camino Diablo, Suite 115
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Instruction offered by:
- Professional Educational Therapist – Professional Member of Association of Educational Therapists
- California Math Credentialed School Teacher
- Cost is $1,250 per student for the 4 week program
Call 925-683-7677 with any questions about reserving a space in the Geometry Summer Math Camp Program or fill out the form below to reserve a spot.